CS4760, HU4628 and CS5760 are distinct courses in Usability and Human-Computer Interactions (HCI). The undergraduate course CS4760 is a course in user interface (UI) design and implementation. The undergraduate course HU4628 is a course in usability and instruction writing. The graduate course CS5760 is a course in UI evaluation and usability testing. All courses emphasize user-center centered design and usability evaluation.
This year students design, implement and evaluate web applications (apps). Many of the apps from CS4760, HU47628 and CS5760 are further developed for Mobile Environment Citizen Science at Michigan Tech, a citizen science project funded by National Science Foundation.
App Developers Sites
UX Consultant Sites
- Grad 1: Katy Roose – Gamers’ Interactions in Virtual Environments
- Grad 2: Erin Richie – Affordance
- Grad 3: Mark Schlax – Directional Audio in Video Games
- Grad 4: Lavanya Kumar – Gamification in Mental Health Apps
- Grad 5: Jinxiang Liu – Hand Gesturing HCI
- Grad 6: Cody Adkins – UI Design Addiction
- Grad 7: Jamie Berger – Cultural HCI of Native Americans
- Grad 8: Tanmayee Kshirsagar – Usability in Hotels and Resturants
- Grad 9: Jiban Adhikary – Text input techinques in VR