The Implementation requirements assignment has three parts each with separate due dates:
- Part A – Initial GitHub Commit
- Part B – Domain and Spring Security Commit
- Part C – First Deployment
They are described below. But first, the next section describes general implementation requirements while you develop your app and for the completed project.
General Implementation Requirements
- I strongly recommend to have regular “Workjams” during development. Successful teams have found workjams very effective.
- Test the implementation with the different browsers and if appropriate phone browsers early and frequently.
- Be sure to test the deployed app on the tomcat server with different browsers. I suggest having “Deployment Parties” where everyone test the deployed app together.
- The implementation should be complete up to any requirements specified during the design review. If the implementation cannot be completed, you should document missing components and why they cannot be finished.
- Email me if your implementation has any obstacles inhibiting completeness.
- Check back for more requirements.
Part A – Initial GitHub Commit
Your team should make the initial commit into your GitHub repository the week that you have had your Design Review with instructors. Your team should rewrite the “readme” in GitHub describing the app and listing the team members before Spring Break.
I monitor the repositories and get email after each commit, but still you should email me, pastel at mtu.edu, that you have made your initial. Use the subject line
cs4760 Project Assignment 6 Part A – <team name>
Part B – Domain and Spring Security Commit
If your app needs authorization and authentication (and most apps do need security), you should install Spring Security Grails plugin early. Experience has show that there can be problem integrating Spring Security late during development, so install it early.
Your team should commit the app homepage and domain objects into your GitHub repository by first week after Spring break. Your domain classes and database schema design document should agree. Be sure the database schema design document is up to date. Be sure to keep old version of the database schema.
Email me, pastel at mtu.edu, that you have made your domain and spring security commit. Use the subject line
cs4760 Project Assignment 6 Part B – <team name>
Part C – First Deployment
Your app will need to be deployed on your tomcat server. Your first deployment should be no later than then the week before the final design review. See the deployment lecture for details on how to deploy:
Be sure to read the lecture carefully. There is a lot to do to make the first deployment and plenty of “Got You”.
Email me, pastel at mtu.edu, that you have made your first deployment. Use the subject line
cs4760 Project Assignment 6 Part C – <team name>