For this assignment, you will write your Usability Test Report.
To prepare for this assignment, you should review:
Usability Test Report
I do not expect a lengthy formal test report. I am more interested in seeing the results from the analysis, conclusions and suggestions for improving the design.
An example outline for the test report:
- Cover page: name the group and the usability expert (graduate student)
- Introduction: Description of UI, test goals and brief description of tests (1 page)
- Test Plans: the original test plans you created for testing (Several pages per scenario)
- Results: These should be plots and charts with explanations (what it takes, ~ 4 pages)
- Conclusions: Usability problems and suggestions for improving the UI (1 page)
- Appendix A: Undergraduate team members attendance at testing
- Appendix B: Attached Bug Reports
- Appendix C: Testing Challenges
The test report should be complete before the end of the fourteenth week of the semester, and posted on your website. You should give your development/undergraduate team the link to your usability test report. Your test report should have links to the undergraduate groups and their final design documents. An example of a professional usability test report can be found in the resources.
Google Sheet Details
In the “Usability Test Sessions” google sheets, make sure that the final column in the google sheet labelled “Attended” is up to date. During the testing, you should have marked in the corresponding cell if the participant attended the session or not. You can write in the cell “yes” or “no”.
When all of the testing is done, I will notify the instructors, and they can give the students that participated in the testing extra credit.
Submit on Canvas and Email Your Team
When you have finished and posted your usability test results, submit on canvas the URL to your report. You should NOT submit the document. Rather, I will read it on your website.
Also email your team that you posted the Usability Test Report on your website.
The usability Test Report will be evaluated for promptness and completeness. In particular, I will give feedback on
- Clarity and English of your writing.
- Clarity of the testing procedure.
- Are results explained?
- Are the conclusions justified?
Prepare for Next Assignment
This is the last evaluation assignment. Do forget to complete any surveys.
Thank you for participating in the class.