During the final week of the semester, all teams will present preliminary results from your usability testing. There will be 4 presentations each day–three from the combined CS/HU teams and one from the HU teams.
If you were on a CS/HU combined team, you will present with the grad students who conducted usability test on the same app. The grad students will present first and then introduce you. Please coordinate your presentations with the grad students. The combined presentations for the CS/HU apps should only be 15 minutes with time for questions. So your part of the presentation will be about 7 minutes.
If you were on an HU-only team, you will have 10 minutes to present.
An example outline for your presentation:
- First grad students introduces him- or herself, names the app and describes the purpose of the app.
- Concisely describe the test process and type of data collect during the testing
- Summarize the usability test results – this should be in only in general terms
- Recommend changes for the app – only the most important changes
- Each following person or group should
- Introduce self or team members
- Concisely describe the test process and type of data collected
- Summarize the usability test results in general terms
- Recommend the most important changes for the app
- Avoid repeating what previous speakers have mentioned
The final group should explain that more information is available in the Usability Test Reports, which will be posted on the team’s websites