During the final week of the semester, you will present preliminary results from your usability tests. The UX experts from both the HU4628 and CS5760 classes that conducted usability tests on the same app will present together, i.e standing up together. Each expert speaks about their testing process and results from their tests separately. Only the first speaker describe the app. The following speaker only needs to add to the app description, if the first speaker did not describe an app component that you tested. I will email you the order of presenters.
The combined presentation should only be approximately 15 minutes with 3 minutes for questions. So your part of the presentation will be about 5 minutes.
An example outline for your presentation:
- Introduce yourself as the user experience experts conducting the usability test
- Name the app and the purpose of the app <- given only by first presenter
- Concisely describe the test process and type of data collect during the testing
- Summarize the usability test results – this should be in only in general terms
- Summary of the results from common usability questions
- Summary of bugs, include number and severity of bugs
- Recommend changes for the app – only the most important changes
- State that there will be more details in your Usability Test Report, and will be posted on your website
- Introduce the next presenter
Meeting with Sponsoring Scientists
After you presentation, the development team will meet with the sponsoring scientist. You will need to attend this meeting. The scientist may have questions about the usability tests and results. You should not run the meeting with the scientist. Let the team run the meeting. The meeting is also about the scientist giving a final evaluation of the app to the development team. These evaluations will be used to inform the second development of the app.
Google Sheet Details
In the “Usability Test Sessions” google sheets, make sure that the final column in the google sheet labelled “Attended” is up to date. During the testing, you should have marked in the corresponding cell if the participant attended the session or not. You can write in the cell “yes” or “no”.
When all of the testing is done, I will notify the instructors, and they can give the students that participated in the testing extra credit.
I will give you feedback on Canvas after your presentation.