After your Cognitive Walkthrough, you will get feedback from your scientists/client, graduate students/UX consultants and me your instructor. The design review will be the week after the Cognitive Walkthroughs. I will announce the schedule for the design review interviews via the class email list during the week of the Cognitive Walkthrough presentation.
Other than reading this assignment, there is no other readings. Before your Design Review with me, you should try to get feedback from your:
- Graduate students/UX Consultants
The your team will meet with with me. The meeting medium will be announced in my email scheduling the design reviews, probably by Zoom. Arrive early for the design review.
All team members are required to attend their respective design review. During the design review, several group members should be responsible for taking notes and record my evaluations and comments. The notes should be transcribed or scanned and post on your website immediately after the meeting.
Design and Usability
The interview is to review your design progress and spot more usability problems with your user interface.
You should be prepared to:
- Explain the user interface, including the purpose, users and important components
- Show drawings of design changes, including a walkthrough of the interface and the heuristic evaluation.
- Show your updated list of data tables and column names.
- Describe the feedback you have received from your client and user experience experts.
- Describe the design changes you plan to make.
Upload your most current design documents and link them to your web site before the design review, so that we can refer to them during the review. They should be separate documents from the walkthrough documents. I want to see the progression of your design.
These documents may need updating. They should have different version numbers from the prior document, so that I can see the progression of your design. Your documents should have the date that they were created just below the title:
- Simplified Hierarchical Task Analysis design
- Paper prototype design improved by the feedback from client and user experience expert.
An important aspect of the Design Review is I will delineate what you should implement in your app. I will try to be concrete and specific. The generally the implementation goals are listed in priority.
Design Review Notes
At least two of you team members should record notes of the review with instructors. These notes should be posted on your team website.
Submit on Canvas and Due Date
After you have posted notes of the review, submit on canvas the URL to the design review notes.
Your design review notes should be posted within 2 days of the design review.
The design review notes will be evaluated on promptness and completeness, in particular:
- Do the your notes clearly identify the instructor’s design concerns and suggested changes?
- Do your notes clearly list the instructor’s implementation priority?
Prepare for Next Assignment
Your team should be making Design Changes after Cognitive Walkthrough at the same time of this assignment.
The next assignment are your Design Changes after Walkthrough and initial GitHub commit. Prepare by reading the assignments: